Friday, September 3, 2010

Suspicion

My visits to the rooftop always made me happy. It was the few times I liked to close my eyes and pretend that I was a bird myself. They lived so much better than we did, used so much more wisdom... I could be in my own world up there. I was not interrupted from my thoughts since the half hour before when I caught the gothic girl staring at me. I smiled and waved, but did nothing further. I preferred my own company to humans. When Koraki saw that I was not in a speaking mood he would fly away to do what birds do best: watch and learn to soak up more and more knowledge. He did not come back for a long time, but I wasn't particularly worried. Despite what many people thought, Koraki was not my pet. I went inside when it became chilly and heated myself up some tea. Nearly an hour later, Koraki flew back in, looking ruffled.
"Koraki, what happened?" I asked him.
Something very bad. He said. I saw a man, Italian I think, and I got a very bad feeling about him...
I frowned and finished my tea before peering down at the leaves.
"A bag." I frowned. "and a dagger."
A trap. Danger.... Koraki translated. I bit my lip and grabbed a pen and paper, writing a quick note and attaching it to his leg.
"Can you take this to him?" I asked. Koraki nodded and flew away. The note was simple and anonymous: YOU ARE IN DANGER. TRUST NO ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment